I set up this blog because our group would like to get to know each other through online discussion. So far, we've been using email. In my experience, email is the path of least resistance - nearly everyone is comfortable using it. However, using an online forum has an appeal for discussing certain topics in a sort of "closed off area" online - that is, you go to a specific URL to participate the conversation, rather than searching through your inbox amongst many, many conversations. It makes it possible to post an article or image that some individuals want to discuss in depth, but others may not have as much to say on. It also allows everyone to go back to it at a later time if they want the information.
Also, there is something to be said for not clogging up inboxes.
I agree that this seems like a great way to exchange information without clogging up my email. I have been surprised that no one else has jumped at this as an option. I have been checking this blog for several days and I finally decided that I should go ahead and post to it!
ReplyDeleteThanks, Neathery! Nice picture!
ReplyDeleteGreat idea, Melinda! This will be a great place to centralize discussions!
ReplyDeleteHi everyone. Now I will have to figure out how to get a picture up, too!
ReplyDeleteHey, I think that I should have a picture, now...
ReplyDeleteI too, will need a picture to put up.
ReplyDeleteCharles Bell
I too will need to put a picture up.
ReplyDeleteCharles Bell
Hello all --
ReplyDeleteWhen are folks flying into New York and where are you staying? I'm looking for hotel recommendations.
Ha Hou -- Thank you,
Dara
I will keep you posted, Dara!
ReplyDeleteCheers,
Melinda